August 14, 2018 - 2:57 PM
Our goal is to further educate our community that falls are not a natural part of aging, and they are preventative.
Humboldt County is categorized as the second highest ranked county of older adults (aged 65+) when it comes to fall related deaths and injuries.
How big is the problem in Iowa?
· Older Iowans die from a fall SIX times more often than all ages combined
· Falls are leading cause of injury hospitalizations and emergency visits in Iowa
· One out of 27 Iowa residents aged 65 and older are hospitalized for a fall-related injury
· 84% of ED visits, for residents over 65+, are fall related
· Humboldt County is one of the 26th oldest counties.
Please join us as HCMH and the Humboldt Newspapers host its 2nd Senior Health Expo!